Thursday, May 17, 2012

Ham Sandwich

Jess came home from school, opened the fridge, looked in and sighed deeply, then went to her bedroom.

Michael:
"What are the dramatics about."
Me:
"She is silently telling us there is nothing to eat in teenager terms" (teenagers do not prepare anything, food to eat is ready made)

Michael:
"There is some ham left over, you can make Jess a ham sandwich."

I make Jess a ham sandwich and take it to her.

About an hour later.

Michael:
"If you take two slices of bread and put margarine on them and tell a corny joke you will have an instant ham sandwich."

Me:
"WHAT????"

Michael:
"Corny joke, hammy joke.  Don't you get it the corny joke is hammy, hence the ham sandwich."

Me:
"And they say my jokes are terrible.  Jess are you listening to this.  Do you still think Michael is better at telling jokes than I am."

Jess:
"He is still better Mom, his jokes are still funny, yours aren't"

I really don't understand my family.



10 comments:

  1. He sounds a lot like my husband. It's a laugh a minute around here as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit mine is funny most of the time but don't you think that was over the board cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that could have been a scene in my house!  I can hear my daughter saying to me that I'm just not funny.  We love them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. My jokes are sarcastic one liners that often go over my kids heads. I'm hilarious too...they just don't know it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My teenage son is never hungry. He is STARVING. which is a shame for we too have nothing in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They say my blog is funny which is strange because apparently in real life I am not.   

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps that is it, maybe my family aren't smart enough to get my jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah they are starving but there is nothing to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's funny that jokes are usually lost on me the instant I hear them. I laugh, if they're funny, and then they are immediately forgotten. Is that a missing gene, I wonder? I could not tell a joke to save my life. I do not joke about such serious matters. :) I don't have any teenagers but my sister does and she says the same thing - they complain there is never any food in the house no matter how much food there really is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still suffering from shock, Jess made herself muffins for school lunch.

    ReplyDelete