Michael is going to start rugby practise tonight. He was telling me this when he grinned and said with a very knowing look:
“That means you will have to cook supper.”
From that look I knew that he must have read my “Dinner Dance” blog. I swear he only freaking ever reads my blog when he is not supposed to.
I was thinking of good reasons why I cannot cook dinner:
- The dog ate it – (Mm that excuse not only works for homework). Nearly worked except it would have been the cat ate. Ginger Ninja nearly had our mince for supper.
- Because there are no bloody magical pixies, I had to wash the mountain of dishes and due to lack of space I have stacked them on the stove top. I definitely can’t cook because the dishes have to dry.
- I had a brilliant story and if I did not write it straight away it would have been lost to eternity. I think it is reasonable that a Pulitzer Prize is more important than dinner.
- Cleo and Col are sitting on my lap and I would feel terrible if I were to disturb them.
- My Mom called (very valid excuse those phone calls are loooooooooonnnnnng).
- I heard that suppers are unhealthy (true they say we should have our main meal at midday).
Additional suggestions are always appreciated, please be generous and share.