Monday, November 5, 2012

Compulsion


I am not an obsessive or compulsive human being actually quite the opposite I am extremely laid back.

BUT

I can at times be caught in the web of obsession over little things like computer games and facts.

I am totally pissed off with Michael because he came to me with this sum and said,

"You are good at arithmetic, lets see if you get this right."

6 - 1 x 0 + 2/2=

So I used BODMAS - brackets, of ,division, multiplication, addition and subtraction.

So, division first:

6 - 1 x 0 + 1

then multiplication

6 - 0 + 1

then subtraction

6 + 1

then addition

7


Michael sighs and beams at me with pride:

"I knew you would get it right but more than half the computer literate world cannot."

I go onto the facebook group and GRRRR no matter how many times I put the correct answer and explain why it is correct people still continue to get it wrong.  So I kept updating with the correct info but I finally convinced myself that I cannot spend the rest of my life updating this group every minute.

I am the same way with spam postings the minute I think something is spam I have to go and check if it is a hoax.  Trying to convince my friends and family that it is a hoax is another problem, SIGH!.





2 comments:

  1. Wow, Vivian I'm impressed. I had to get my engineer boyfriend to explain this to me. I was not familiar with BODMAS - I didn't know how to break it down. Good for you. I learned something new today thanks to you. I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you are impressed I am such a pain when it comes to things like this.

    ReplyDelete