Friday, November 2, 2012

The Difference between Men and Women

Last night we were watching a recording of stand up comedy, the comedian was Jeff Foxworthy, he was not doing his usual, "You know you are a red neck if...." but he was talking about the difference between men and women.

I laughed so much because he said:

 "My friend told me he was getting divorced.  When I got home I told my wife.

Then the questions started, "Did one of them cheat?  Who is staying in the house? Did they try counselling?"

Now when my friend told me it was a statement, If he had said, "I am getting divorced, what do you think?"

I would have said, "You are going to be dating again, you better join a gym and work on those abs." "


It reminded me of the time that my brother in law came to our house about 8 years ago.  We knew that his relationship with his wife was not working out but we were not sure how bad it was.

We were having a braai and he said:

 "Tracey and I are divorced."

After this statement, my wonderful husband said:

 "Did you see those monster machines on Discovery channel last night?"

When it comes to many things we seem to have a sexual role reversal in our home.

I never listen.  When I am busy and somebody starts speaking to me I nod and say yes but I don't hear a thing.  It drives Michael crazy to the point that he has started tricking me he stops mid conversation and says, "Now tell me what did I say?"

Michael multi tasks he watches tv, works on his laptop and fixes something at the same time.  I am one of the only women who can't multi task.  If I try to do two things at once I screw up badly.

I don't believe in nagging, if somebody does not want to do something, saying it over and over is not going to fucking work, weeeelll maybe it does but perhaps I am just not arsed enough to nag.

Michael nags:

 "What is wrong with wiping the kitchen counter after making sandwiches?  Look it is easy, one wipe and done.  Have you done your chore yet?  And now? And now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment