Saturday, February 11, 2012

Are you in my hat?


Last year was a seriously crappy year for us.  Financially and emotionally.
Some things we could have done differently but we cannot go back and change it so it just stupid to say we should have, could have.... it’s done.

The result is we are rather broke.

I don’t know if this story is true or urban legend but it goes like this.....
Debt collector calls woman:
“Good day Mam I am from........... and you have fallen behind on your payments, please pay now to prevent any legal action.”
Woman in Debt:
“Mr Debt collector, I am going to tell you how it works.  Every month I write down the names of everybody that I owe money to then I put it the names in the hat and I draw out as many as I can pay.  Because you are bugging me your name is not going in the hat.”

Yesterday Michael got a call which he immediately thought was from a debt collector.
You could have slapped me with a wet fish because the call had a twist to it.

In black is what Michael said in red is what he wanted to say:
Caller:
“Is this Mr Mikkel Habababa?”
Michael: “Yes I am Michael Halbhuber.”
“Oh crap are you another debt collector, dude my name is not Habababa so if I say I am not here I won’t be lying.”

Caller:
“Mr Habababa I have good news for you, you qualify for a R50 000 loan”

Michael:
“No thank you.”
“That is awesome thank you, shit, I thought you were another debt collector, I can’t believe that I qualify for a loan seeing that I am in so much debt.  Do you know what I am going to do with the R50 000?  I am going to go to the bottle store and buy a truck load of beers.  Then I am going to drink myself into oblivion so that I don’t have to think about all these fucking annoying debt collectors that keep calling me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment