Sunday, February 26, 2012

Frankly my dear I don't give a damn


I am funny I like romantic movies (chick flicks) but not novels.  I love that line at the end of “Gone with the Wind”, “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn”.  I was very annoyed with whoever doing a follow up and making it all hunky dory and Scarlet becomes all sweet and sorry.  She was  a fickle and vain bitch who only wanted what she could not have.

My Mom on the other had is a very sweet person.  She takes part in this organisation called “Care Buddies” what they do is they adopt an elderly person or two.  She visits these people once or twice a week.  Once in a while the Care Buddies have outings or events for the elderly.

Jess was visiting my Mom on the day of one of these events.  My Mom realised that she needed a pen with a string attached to it for her clip board.  On the way she stopped at a stationer ran in grabbed the first pen that she saw bought it and ran out.

At the event my Mom was seated pen in hand with her clip board when Jess saw the problem:
Written in bold lettering on the pen were the words, “I DON’T CARE”.  The irony of my Mom being a care buddy having this pen had Jess and my Mom giggling the entire day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment