Sunday, February 26, 2012

When the conversation is going nowhere.


You know when a conversation isn’t going anywhere
I was in Std 9 or as it is called now Gr 11 (second last year of Highschool in South Africa).  I had changed schools, from a private school to a government school.

I was shocked when I went to a lesson which was called “Cadets”.  They actually expected us to march.  I was thinking Nazi fucking Youth League.  So I had the following conversation with one of the teachers:

Me:
“Mam, please may be excused from doing this, I don’t see the point.”

Teacher:
“Marching is very important to learn uniformity.”

Me:
“What is wrong with being unique, did not all inventions come from people that thought out of the box?"

Teacher:
“You learn to work together and to be a team”

Me:
“Of robots”

Teacher:
“It is about discipline”

Me:
“So mindless zombies are preferable?”

No comments:

Post a Comment