They are going to go through applications and the chosen ones are going to be in a television show to chose the final lot. Pffft before they get on the space ship, it would be so much more exciting if they took everybody aboard the space ship and dumped the losers out to space. EXTREME SURVIVOR SPACE.
Anyway although Michael thinks this is a super cool adventure, I don't.
The reasons I could never go to Mars:
- No ocean, imagine for the rest of your life never swimming in the ocean again.
- No matter how big that space ship is, there is no where else to go, you can't get off you can't go outside, you can't hop in your car and drive off till you run out of fuel.
- I don't know how many people are going, even if there are a 1000 I would get so sick of them.
- What if I do something really bad what are they going to do to me? Chuck me out of the space ship?
- When I get to Mars what is going to be there? What has been lurking in the shadows hiding from the rovers?
At the bottom of this post I have posted the criteria for going to Mars.
When it comes to personality types it seems they are gunning for a sociable A type, competitive but not too much, must be able to play fair with the team. My personality is more like Z type, perfection really seems like sooo much bloody effort, I'll rather be me, thank you very much.
Is "resiliency" really a word???? Yes I know I make up stupid words all the time, but not when I am writing serious stuff, like uhm requirements to go to space.
"persistent in thought" - Jess's thought processes are persistent when she wants something she will nag and nag and nag and nag. Imagine being stuck for the rest of your life with a crowd of naggers.
Uggh and that one about seeing the connection between my inner and outer self does not work, my inner self is super skinny, my out self is rather more.
I fit the criteria, "curiosity" I am seriously curious and I never believe anybody, I research everything that everybody tells me, before deciding if it is true or not, which does not help with the next point, the trust one. I don't trust anything that anybody tells me because people will believe any shit that they read in some stupid magazine or on the internet.
I think I can do for the creative and resourceful, quite well, yeah don't know how appropriate my humour is though.
I told Michael it seems they are looking for couples, he said:
"I am going to have to find somebody else, I was getting bored with you anyway."
|Ability to Trust|
|Creativity / Resourcefulness|