Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Denial

I love this pic that Jess took of her friend in dance class

This glorious Sunday past we had a lovely family lunch I had not seen my sister since her birthday so I invited  her for a late birthday lunch.

Of course we chatted about all kinds of things.  My sister suffered from severe depression which culminated in her doing really crazy things before she was treated.

I started saying that I don't have problems with depression.

Jess and Penny looked at me funny.

Jess:

"Mom you barely left your bedroom for months last year."

Me:

"But I was just sad with all the things that happened."

Jess and Penny:

"DEPRESSION."

I remember around the same time having an argument with a doctor that I went to see telling him that I was not depressed, just a little sad.

After having bad flu two months ago, I withdrew from the world for a while.  I convinced myself that I was recuperating.


No comments:

Post a Comment