Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Major Panic



We have had our new puppies for a few days now.  Cleo is 6 weeks old and Col is 4 months old.  When I got home from work today I was running around cleaning up as they can make quite a mess.

Cleo runs after me and sits and cries when I have left her behind in a room.  She went to lie on her blanket to take a nap.  I washed dishes and went to check up on her. 

She was not on her blanket.  I started running around the house looking for her and calling her.  She always cries for me when I call her so I was getting very worried.  I took rubbish outside while I was cleaning so I looked to see if she had got outside but there was no sign of her.

I got the terrible notion that I had scooped her up with the laundry.  I pulled the laundry out of the washing machine and was very relieved when I did not find her in the wet washing.

I started going through every room but no luck.

I called Michael to tell him that she had gone missing in the house.

Ten minutes later I called him to tell him that I still could not find her.

Every time I went into Jess’ room I thought I would hear a muffled squeal but it was so faint that I was not sure.

When I went into Jess’ room the fourth time to search it, I decided to pick up the laundry next to her laundry basket.  Trapped under the pile of laundry was little Miss Cleo.

She is fine besides for being unimpressed about being stuck under a pile of laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment