Monday, September 3, 2012

Benoni Pony

In Johannesburg we like to tease the East Randers in the same way that New Yorkers tease about the New Jersey women with their big hair.  If you have ever watched a Jerry Springer show then you will now what style choices in the East Rand are like.  The big hair worn in the eighties has never gone out of fashion, in Boksburg, Benoni and Germiston.  The mullet is still worn by 90 percent of the men.

I am very grateful that Bono apologised for this but it did not help the East Randers.

They are both very sad about the haircut
On Saturday Michael had a rugby match in Germiston.  I saw something that no person should see.  I am having nightmares, I wake up in the night screaming.  

90 percent of the men belonging to the Germiston team had mullets and they were wearing blazers and ties.  No man should have a mullet but accompanied with formal wear it reaches an abnormal level of WRONG.   Oh if only somebody could give me a tablet to wipe the memory.  Perhaps it is better that I did not have my camera with me.

Even the children had mullets.
He has the right to sue his parent's when he grows up



Michael's club's loud mouth Os, had a lot of fun commenting on the "Benoni Ponies" which is a fun name for mullets.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That's a whole lot of mullets! I have pictures of my little brother rockin' a mullet in the early 90's. Poor kid. What were my parents thinking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parents were victims still suffering from 80 style brain washing. I hope you don't have nightmares Leia.

    ReplyDelete